Monday 23 April 2012
Tuesday 10 April 2012
Sunday 1 April 2012
Wednesday 28 March 2012
Monday 26 December 2011
I will catch up some more in a day or two, until then I hope you all had a great Xmas and here's hoping to all of you out there that the new year brings you good fortune
Tuesday 25 October 2011
Donations can be made here however small (just like my moustache lol)
It’s Movember, the month formerly known as November, now dedicated to growing moustaches and raising awareness and funds for men’s health; specifically prostate cancer. I’m donating my top lip to the cause for 30 days in an effort to help change the face of men’s health. My Mo will spark conversations, and no doubt generate some laughs; all in the name of raising vital awareness and funds for cancer’s affecting men.
Why am I concerned about men’s health?
*1 in 8 men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer in their lifetime
*This year more than 2,000 new cases of the disease will be diagnosed
*1 in 3 men will be diagnosed with cancer in their lifetime
*In Ireland only 26% of men go to their GPs for regular check ups
I invite you to join me by registering to grow or by donating to my growth http://www.movember.
You can even go old school and write a cheque payable to “Irish Cancer Society Movember”, reference my name and Registration Number 1563792 and send it to: Movember, Irish Cancer Society, 43-45 Northumerland Road, Dublin 4, Ireland
We only have a month to grow Mos and raise awareness and fund, so please come along for the ride.
Funds raised will help make a tangible difference to the lives of others. Through the Movember Foundation and our men’s health partners, Action Prostate Cancer, an initiative of the Irish Cancer Society, Movember is funding world class awareness, research, educational and support programs which would otherwise not be possible.
For more details on how the funds raised from previous campaigns have been used and the impact Movember is having please click on the links below:
Action Prostate Cancer
Global Action Plan
Thank you in advance for helping me change the face of men's health.
Monday 26 September 2011
Monday 12 September 2011
Saturday 3 September 2011
Monday 29 August 2011
Ok so they are now planted, great adventure this is for us as we have never planted potatoes before.
- We left the seed potatoes out in a cool light place for a few days for the shoots to appear, the instructions said about 1 inch long would be fine.
- The next step was to fill our little grow bags with 4 inches of compost and then dampen down the soil with the watering can.
- Place 3 seed potatoes in each grown bag with the shoots facing upward.
- Next fill the the grow bag up to the 8 inch level covering the potatoes.
- Water the grow bag daily but be careful not to waterlog the soil.
- Wait for the green shoots to arrive above the soil, then when the plant reaches 10 inches above the soil keep topping up the soil a little at a time until soil reaches the top of the grow bag.
- If frost is forecast bring the bags somewhere frost free for the duration.
- The potatoes should be ready to harvest sometime in December. :-)
We also went into our front garden and dug up 2 little trees that our previous occupants planted and Angela is making plans to put a few flower beds.
More to follow …
Friday 26 August 2011
Thursday 18 August 2011
Great day out :)